Monday, June 3, 2013

Tool #5: Producing with Web 2.0 Tools


I just tried Word Cloud (although, I think I've tried it once before) and I liked it! It is interesting how it creates this piece of art with the words I put in there. I would love to use this during our poetry unit. Students will love to see their poems organized in this way. It might encourage them to use repetition in the poems to emphasized the important message.

Here's the one I created: I used Dorothy Law Nolte's "Children Learn what they Live."


MyHugeLabs I discovered during my student teaching last year. I really like the Trading Cards. I would use them for research. Students can choose a person in history, an ecosystem, a country, etc., find information over the topic and then create a trading card! I think it would encourage children to research because they want to "trade" cards or give theirs away. \

Here's the one I created about Thomas Edision: 


No comments:

Post a Comment